Above is a collage of the top 10 ways I cleanse & protect myself from negativity. Now more than ever we need a full arsenal to protect and cleanse ourselves from the chaos that is going on in the world.
The deities I work with are in no way an endorsement of any type of organized religion. All religions that stand for love are beautiful, so I borrow a little something from each one. I take what works for me and I leave the rest.
My top 10 list is just what I do to protect and cleanse myself from negativity. Feel free to alter this list to suit your own style and beliefs. Also, be sure to share your own rituals in the comment section below.
This blog is an open forum and all rituals and deities promoting love, healing and protection are welcome.
Top 10 Ways To Protect & Cleanse Yourself From Negativity
1. Sage: Burning sage is a Native American tradition. Today, people burn sage to cleanse a space, person or environment of negative energy.
When I do a space clearing with sage, I often use Reiki symbols and call on Archangel Micheal to bless and clear the space of any negativity.
Also, and this is very important, make sure you have your windows open so any negative energy can exit. You can buy sage at Whole Foods or Amazon.
2. Black Candles: Black candles are essential for banishing any type of negative energy. The color black is also used for protection. Currently, we are in the dark phase of the moon. This is a great time to do banishing magic.
Black candles are not easy to come by. Thank God for Target. I bought the black candle (pictured left) at Target. These candles are also made with charcoal, which is thought to ward off the evil eye. They are really cool, as they come in different elements and astrological signs. Plus, they smell amazing.
3. Dream Catcher: To use a dream catcher, hang it above your bed to protect yourself from bad dreams and evil spirits. The North American Indians believe the spider web design of the dream catcher will only allow good dreams to pass through, while the same web will catch bad dreams and ward them off. Again, this little gem can be bought on Amazon.
4. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: This is one of my all-time favs. Pink Himalayan sea salt has so many health benefits as well as metaphysical. I scrub with it every day in the shower to scrub off any negativity from the day. If you use it in the shower, DO NOT USE IN YOUR PRIVATE AREAS.
Pink sea salt is known to ward off the evil eye and is used for protection, as well as cleansing.
Pink Himalayan salt lamps as well as Himalayan salt scrubs can be bought at most essential needs store.
I recently moved into a spa, referred to as “The Salt Cave.” In the basement, there is a beautiful salt cave (all pink Himalayan sea salt), plus there are Himalayan salt lamps everywhere. Lucky me! My experience is that this type of salt is very strong for protection and cleansing. It definitely lives up to its reputation for absorbing negative energy.
5. Santa Muerte: Another favorite of mine. Talk to her like you would a dear friend. She is always there to listen and she will do all she can to help. I LOVE LOVE this deity, and she loves to be loved. You can find statues, candles and amulets of Santa Muerte on Amazon. “Nuestra Señora de la Santa Muerte, often shortened to Santa Muerte, is an idol, female deity or folk saint in Mexican and Mexican-American folk Catholicism. A personification of death, she is associated with healing, protection, and safe delivery to the afterlife by her devotees.” Wikipedia
6. Selenite: Most crystals need to be cleansed for they absorb negative energy. With selenite, this is not the case. That’s because this magic gemstone is self-cleansing, so you don’t need to clean it. The negative energy selenite absorbs ejects itself upwards into the ethers and recycles itself.
This gemstone is of a very high vibration and extremely intelligent. So much so, it does all the work for you. Selenite towers, lamps and wands can all be purchased on Amazon.
7. Tealights: This is another simple staple you can pick up at most essential needs stores, such as Target or Walmart. I personally love the tealights from Wegmans, which is a grocery store chain in the North East. I light several of these every night and it just sets the stage for relaxation and clearing. They always make me feel protected and set the mood for my readings and metaphysical work. Plus, the white color of the tealights cleanses and purifies any negativity from my space.
8. Archangel Michael: Everyones favorite and for good reason. AA Michael or St. Michael is fierce in battle and can protect and fight off all negativity, especially in the name of justice. All you have to do is ask. Some people prefer his cloak of protection. My preference is his shield.
9. Rosary: I am Italian American but I was not raised devout Catholic. With that said, ever since I was a young girl, I have been drawn to the Rosary, The Blessed Virgin, mother of all mothers, and Our Lady of Fatima. I find great comfort in my rosary beads and have used them along with St. Micheal and the holly trinity for years.
Years ago I was in a very precarious position in my life. I used to pray the rosary every day. My mother swears that’s what got me through that dark time.
You do not need to be Christian or of Catholic faith to work with the rosary. All faiths are welcome as long as the goal is love, peace and healing.
10. Pink Bubble: Another beloved ritual of mine is the pink bubble of light. Pink is the color of love, self-esteem, and peace.
Self-esteem is the ultimate healer. I do a simple meditation, where I envision myself surrounded by a sparkling pink bubble of light. Not only does it make me feel protected, it makes me feel completely surrounded in love and peace.
The pink bubble reminds me of the magic pink bubble that transported Glinda, “The Good Witch,” to Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.
As you can see I have an eclectic arsenal of resources for protection and healing. Like I stated earlier, I take what works for me and leave the rest. What rituals do you engage in to protect and cleanse yourself? I would love to hear from you so please feel free to share.
📞 By Julie Randazzo
Julie is a Spiritual Advisor and Life Coach at 12listen.com.